THE VOICE KIDS MALTA (SERIES 1) THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
For a potential participant to be eligible to enter to participate in The Voice Kids (Series 1), one needs to meet the following eligibility requirements:
1) One must be aged at least 8 (eight) years of age up to 14 (fourteen) years of age on the 1st of August 2022 due to the nature of the Programme.
2) One cannot participate if:
a) a live-in partner or immediate relative (i.e. mother, father, son, daughter, brother or sister) of an employee of the Broadcaster or greatt Company Limited.
3) The applicant must be able to demonstrate to our satisfaction that:
a) They have the legal right to live in Malta; and
4) If one is formally selected as a contestant for the Programme, one must be able to enter into freely without restriction option agreements with the following third parties which if exercised by that party would commit one to the following legally binding agreements:
a) With a record company (or its designee) designated by us (the “Record Company”):
b) An exclusive worldwide recording agreement for the participant’s recording services (the “Recording Agreement’’);
c) A music publishing agreement if one is not already in a pre-existing bona fide music publishing agreement which is in written form;
d) A merchandising/sponsorship agreement;
f) A ‘Voice Kids Malta’ touring agreement with a company designated by us. (together the “Music Agreements”)
e) A management/agency agreement(s) with companies designated by us (which may include entering into more than one management/agency agreement to cover different activities (including without limitation, personal appearances) as shall be designated by us (the “New Management Agreement(s)”) if one not already in a pre-existing bona fide exclusive management/agency agreement which is in written form and dated at least 3 (three) months prior to the date one signs a Short Form Music Agreement (as defined below) (a “Pre-Existing Management Agreement”). One agrees that if one do have a pre-existing management/agency agreement which is not in written form and/or dated less than 3 (three) months prior to the date one signs a Short Form Music Agreement that such agreement may not be deemed to be a valid Pre-Existing Management Agreement and one shall enter into the New Management Agreement which shall supersede such pre-existing management/agency agreement, however, we shall be entitled to exercise our discretion in this regard; and
5) If one is formally selected as a contestant for the Programme, one must be able to enter into freely, without restriction, a short form version of the Music Agreements (the “Short Form Music Agreement”) at the same time one signs a Participant Agreement (as defined in the Terms and Conditions) and should one reach the battle stage of the Programme or subsequent stages of the Programme (as specified by us) on our request, one will be obliged agree to sign a series of long form versions of the Music Agreements (“Long Form Music Agreements”).